The Sunnyvale Public Library has many jobseekers that are looking for resources to find employment. A number of our jobseekers are 50 or older. Whether it’s full-time, part-time or are just looking for something new and interesting to do in your retirement years, below is a select list of organizations and online job sites that may be able to help you:
- AARP: Offers a new job web page: (www.aarp.org/featuredemployers) where you can find a list of major companies that have job openings and have expressed an interest in recruiting older workers.
- Experience Works (www.experienceworks.org): A national, nonprofit organization that offers training, employment and community service opportunities for mature workers. This includes a variety of programs designed to help older individuals enter the workforce, secure more challenging positions, move into new career areas or supplement their incomes.
- The Next Chapter (www.civicventures.org): Offers resources and various programs around the country to help individuals nearing retirement answer the question – what’s next?
- Senior Job Bank (www.seniorjobbank.org): Provides job listings for those over 50.
- Retired Brains (www.retiredbrains.com): Offers full-time, part-time and temporary job listings for retirees.
- YourEncore (www.yourencore.com): Recruits experienced scientists, engineers and product developers for projects with national companies.