On Thursday, April 3, from 4:30-8:30 pm, the Library will be hosting a free tax filing event for qualified filers. Computers will be available and volunteers will be on hand to assist filers in using free software to complete and file their Federal and California tax returns. Spanish translation will be available. Read below or call toll-free 866-577-1231 for more information.
In order to participate, you must meet these criteria for tax year 2007:
- You earned $30,000 or less OR
- You served Active Duty Military and earned $54,000 or less OR
- You qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). EITC eligibility is based on the
- income you earned (up to $39,783) and other factors.
You will need to bring:
- 2006 return – if you have it
- Social Security or Taxpayer Identification Number(s)
- 2007 W2(s) and other income documentation
- Other 2007 tax document(s)
- Amount of rent paid or mortgage statements
- Child care expenses and provider tax ID number
- DMV registration bills
- School tuition, expenses and loan statements
- Bank routing and account numbers (a voided check or deposit slip has the info)
It is recommended that participants reserve a time by calling toll-free 866-577-1231. If you are unsure whether or not you qualify, you can get more information by calling the same number.
Great thanks to the Intuit Tax Freedom Project for sponsoring this event.